- Enable website content to be managed without developer input, by migrating views and routes from a monolith Rails app into a CMS and API-driven website
- Continuously iterate (including one rebuild from scratch) website to improve speed, performance and infrastructure costs
- Facilitate new product releases
- Automate SEO for every language supported by building a custom sitemap generator
- Various client websites, see work examples
- Empower budding female engineers by pair programming on any given project
Key skills —Node, React & Redux, Ruby, Functional JS, OOP, TDD, Mentoring
I can offer —
I learn by throwing myself in the deep-end and building something with the technology I’m interested in.
I built a URL shortener in Go to try a strongly-typed language, then rebuilt it with the Serverless framework to get more comfortable with cloud computing. I’ve also experimented with GraphQL by converting a Ruby on Rails REST API to a GraphQL server.
Whilst I’m no designer, I have enough of a creative flair to ensure anything I build is pleasant to look at. I’m also learning to paint with watercolours!
Lastly, some testimonials from my lovely colleagues —
"No matter what’s thrown at her, she manages to absolutely smash it efficiently and on time, with minimal bugs woo!"
"She’s grown from an engineer full of potential when she started, to an engineer bursting with skill now. Plus the talks she’s giving and workshops she’s helping out with in the wider community. 🙏"
"Always taking on work that even the most senior developer would shake at and doing such an incredible job with the work she delivers."