- Implement features to significantly decrease support tickets and improve customer conversion rates
- Improve speed, performance and infrastructure costs
- Refactor and rebuild a slow and inefficient React app
- Load-test and improve bottlenecks in preparation for high user traffic
- Simplify a monolith web application
- Migrate monolith into a headless website driven by Prismic.io and various APIs
- Build various APIs to bridge between a Ruby on Rails backend and a React frontend
- Build bespoke websites for clients, including The Guardian, Wellcome Collection and The British Heart Foundation. See work examples
- Empower budding female engineers by pair programming on any given project
Key skills —Node, React & Redux, Ruby, Functional JS, OOP, TDD, Mentoring
I can offer —
I learn by throwing myself in the deep-end and building something with the technology I’m interested in.
I built a URL shortener in Go to try a strongly-typed language, then rebuilt it with the Serverless framework to get more comfortable with cloud computing. I’ve also experimented with GraphQL by converting a Ruby on Rails REST API to a GraphQL server.
Whilst I’m no designer, I have enough of a creative flair to ensure anything I build is pleasant to look at. I’m also learning to paint with watercolours!
Lastly, some testimonials from my lovely colleagues —
"Very adaptable and has demonstrated she is capable of working in whatever way others need her to."
"Always taking on work that even the most senior developer would shake at and doing such an incredible job with the work she delivers."
"No matter what’s thrown at her, she manages to absolutely smash it efficiently and on time, with minimal bugs woo!"